Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend Shenanigans

Happy Tuesday!

I had myself a wonderful memorial day weekend. I jammed it full of different activities so now I feel like I need another weekend to rest up from this one.

Ridingcollage

On Friday night, when traffic died down, I headed south to meet up with my dad and some family friends to camp for the night and hit the dirt bike trails in the morning. I was a little worried that with all the rain it would make for a less than fun time riding the 25 mile course. I expected mud, mud and more mud. Surprisingly the trails turned out to be awesome! There was some slick spots, but overall it was great. It stopped raining right before we started and then picked back up shortly after we finished. I hadn't rode my bike in almost two years so it was great to be back on it! Bonus: I've owned my riding pants for ten years and they still fit! That's why I'm all smiles with my hands on my hips above. #winning.

Saturday evening I made my way back to Seattle to grab some drinks with a friend. I kept it low key because I was headed north on Sunday morning to meet up with some more friends. We went to the Ski to Sea festival, and hung out for a couple hours and had a beer. The weather was icky so we parked ourselves in the living room afterwards and drank wine and snacked while watching The Silver Linings Playbook. Which I thought was a huge disappointment compared to the book. Monday morning we went out furniture shopping and I purchased a new loveseat. It is exactly what I was looking for so I can't wait til I can pick it up!

The only downside to the weekend was coming home to an angry cat. She's being cranky since she didn't have much company this weekend so she's taking it out on me.


Hooking up with Sami today!
Sami's Shenanigans



 photo redheadsiggy_zps8cb2bb54.png

No comments: