|I was super mature 6 years ago..|
|Kate and I with the newest batch o zuchs!|
|Zucchini that is as big as my cat!|
Normally these bad boys would be called zucchini boats, but due to the situation of my large veggie, I thought it appropriate to rename them yachts (I don't want to down play their enormous-ness!). They are super easy to make and are pretty dang yummy too. Let's get to the recipe:
Zucchini Yachts (or boats for those of you that have to buy them at the store)
What you'll need:
1lb Ground Turkey
1-2 cloves Garlic
1TBS Italian Seasoning
Salt and Pepper
Multi color peppers
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Cut your Zuchs lengthwise and scoop out the middle so you can put all the good stuff in the middle!
3. Spray them with olive oil and place them in a baking dish. Place them in the oven and bake until a fork easily goes in
4. Time to prep the insides.
5. Place ground turkey, chopped onions, garlic, and whatever other ingredients you want to add in. I used some red, yellow, and orange peppers that I needed to use up.
6. Season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
7. Cook meat until done
8. Once zucchini is almost all the way cooked, scoop turkey mix into zucchini, and sprinkle with cheese
9. Place back in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes
More recipes to follow. Feel free to post links to any zucchini recipes you know!
Happy weekend, y'all!