Sunday, September 23, 2012

Things to DO!

A perfect fall afternoon for reading on my balcony!
I have been preparing myself for this deployment for a month or two now, both in my mind and in my everyday life. I think it is very important to keep busy while KC is off doing his thing in the sandbox. I've been running ideas, thoughts, and possibilities through my brain about activities I could involve myself in during the next few months. I'm the type of person that has to write things out in order to give my mind a rest when it comes to my To Dos so why not do the same for my list of things I want to accomplish before KC returns? That way I can be held accountable on here to at least attempt and go through with some of those activities. I urge others to do the same whether or not your boyfriend is gone on deployment or not. I think this is a good idea if you are simply trying to expand your every day activities or want to be more social.
Here's my list!:

-Join a book club. I want to expand my horizons on what I read, so what better way? I joined an all girl book club and we have our first meeting soon. I feel like a nerd, but I'm excited!

-Take free online courses. I mean LEGIT free, good online courses! Why should I let my brain go to mush now that I've graduated college? I registered for some classes on Coursera. Seriously, if you haven't checked this site out you should! Professors from Stanford, Johns Hopkins, and Princeton (to name a few!) teach a variety of courses to people all across the world FOR FREE!! A list of the current courses . I signed up for a intro to sociology, and intro to irrational behavior.

- Join a (specialized) gym. I've decided that I'm tired of just going to a gym. I hate running on a treadmill, and I never know what to do with weights so WHY am I spending $50+ on a gym membership every month? Not to mention I have a weight room at my disposal when I go to work. I'm looking for a gym that can teach me how to learn a skill. Boxing, self defense ect. This is could be a very valuable tool in my everyday life.

-Join a running group. Motivation, accountability, and exercise. What more do I need?!

-Clean my junk corner in my bedroom. I've lived in my apartment for over two months now. I need to stop ignoring my heap of crap in the corner and sort it out.

-Organize my closet/get rid of stuff I don't need. two plus months is too long to let me closet sit with everything just shoved in it. I need order!

Those are just a few of my ideas thus far. I plan on adding to the list. What would be on your list? I would love to hear what your ideas are or have been when you have been in a similar rut as me. Did you stick to your guns and do 'em all? Which ones seemed to be the most successful for you?

No comments: