Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Life Lessons: Friendships


 There sometimes comes a point in a friendship when you have to turn, walk away and head for the door. You realize you can only extend the olive branch so many times, and give so much of yourself when you see the act is not reciprocated. Friendship is a two way street. Life is too short to waste your time on people who don't understand this. Be thankful for those friends who do understand, and appreciate this. Those are your true friends.

I have too much going on these days to put my worry into someone who doesn't appreciate me or value the friendship. I feel that most of my friendships are easy going, and operate with little to no effort. That sounds wrong, but it isn't. It's almost like an unspoken agreement I have with my friends. We all know that life is crazy, and we become busier with every year we grow older. Because of this we don't always talk. Sometimes we go months without having a phone conversation. However, when we do see each other we pick up right where we left off, as if no time had passed between the last time we saw each other. I love that I have this situation with all my closest friends. We have that mutual respect and appreciation for each others lives. I feel like at 25 years old I'm done with the stupid games, and immaturity, but life continues to be a constant weeding out process when it comes to friends. Although it has significantly slowed since my teen years, I have to remind myself that it still continues at any age. Some people are just not meant to be in your life story til the end, and that's OK. That's life.




Good Night Bloggers!








No comments: