Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The loooong weekend

Green Lake in the fall


Since I was one of the lucky ones who works for a employer who observes Columbus day, I had yesterday off! I seriously loved this long weekend. It didn't go by too fast or too slow, and I got the right amount of entertainment and relaxation.

On Saturday my dad came down to Seattle, and we had lunch out on the patio of the restuarant we ate at. YES, you read that right: the patio! It has been non stop beautiful weather here in Seattle. I'm not even kidding. It has been in the seventies for days at a time! I can't even remember when we've ever had warm and sunny weather extend this far into October. They say the rain is on its way in the next few days, but I'll keep acting like it's summer until the rain actually comes.



 Saturday night I got together with my mom to go see the musical Legally Blonde that was playing at Magnuson Park. I love the movie, and when I heard a friend of a friend was in the show I thought it would be fun to see. It was a great show. I love seeing certain actors light up on stage while performing. It's those individuals that you know are meant to do this work. They had put in new quirks of their own, but overall they followed the screenplay.


On Sunday I got to go to one of my new favorite restaurants, Black Bottle. If you're in either Seattle or on the eastside it is worth checking out. It has a really good atmosphere. It runs on the darker side with pretty, dark wood furniture. The music is always good when you go there. The first time I went there it was all Notorious BIG, and Snoop Dog, but all their good songs. On Sunday it was a mix of Adele, Feist, Foster the people. They have a great selection of beers, and the food is UH-mazing. Try the pear and Gorgonzola flatbread. Ohh my gahh. I think about eating this flatbread all the time. :-) It was a fun afternoon catching up with an old friend.
YUMMY in my TUMMY!
 Tomorrow I'm going to blog about my first adventure in crock pot freezer meals. SO FUN and you feel extremely accomplished in just a short time!

No comments: