Sunday, March 31, 2013

March goals reviewed

Happy Easter, my little bunnies!

Today is the last day of March (Thank God! Did this month drag for anyone else?!) so that means it is time to look back on the goals I made for myself at the beginning of the month and see how I fared.

Here are my goals for the month of March:
 -Complete my elimination diet successfully
-Become more efficient with meal planning and grocery shopping for the right amount of food
-Stretch everyday for at least 5-10min
-Run 2-3 times a week and get a workout of some sort in 4-5x a week
-Keep up with my reading plan (I veered off at the end of feb)
-Send KC a final care package

Results:
-My final day of the Elimination Diet is tomorrow, April 1st. I will then start reintroducing foods. Overall I followed the diet correctly with only cheating with wine this weekend :-) 

-I think with each time I go shopping I get better. I feel I don't need to meal plan so much these past few weeks. It could be because my diet has gotten so simple that I can eat the same types of meals and snacks for multiple days. That is something I never thought would happen!

-Stretching. Always been a struggle with me, and continues to be. I definitely didn't stretch everyday. I started having lower back problems and stretching seemed to help, but I stopped once the pain subsided. 

-I have done GREAT with working out this month. The St Pat's Dash really jump started my running again. The last three weeks have had lots of sun so that helps too. I also have been going to a new gym and trying out new classes there. I just love classes, especially in the morning so I get my workout in for the day done early!

-I'm slowly getting back on my reading schedule. I finished a book last week and started a new one this week. I'm about 50% done. I plan on getting a lot of reading done in the next two weeks because of future plans ahead (more on that later) ;-)

-I haven't sent KC a final care package. I probably won't either. I debated for a while whether it would be worth it to send one since he will be coming home shortly after receiving it. I think my thoughts were confirmed when I talked to him yesterday. Things are getting packed up and broken down to ship back soon.

How did your monthly goals turn out? Now go out and enjoy some chocolate bunnies for me :-)


 photo redheadsiggy_zps8cb2bb54.png

No comments: