Monday, September 16, 2013

A Love Letter of Sorts

Day 10 of Blogtember!

  
Today's Prompt: Write a public love letter to someone in your life

To my wonderful friends,

I'm writing you this letter to thank you for all that you have done for me lately. This has been a difficult few months, and I know I probably haven't been as good as a friend to you that you have been to me. I have realized this at times, and it has even gotten to the point where I think to myself "I'm in such a low place that I can't think about my friends because I myself am not doing well so how can I worry about someone else?" Breakups with boyfriends are hard. They are even harder when you didn't see it coming, and the circumstances in which they came were horrible. I appreciate you understanding my struggles. Taking time out of your day to send me a text to see how I am doing means the world to me. To know that you care about my well being is what a true friend is really about. Inviting me over to your house, making me dinner and playing cards against humanity with me was a welcome distraction. You got me to laugh and eat when I couldn't during that first week.

I'm a little over a month into this singlehood again, but you know that things have been off for a few months longer than that. Thank you for challenging my thoughts and feelings. For getting me to think about what might actually be going on, for not telling me what to do but for letting me know that what I was feeling was perfectly OK. That I am not crazy.

The happy hours after I broke up with KC meant a lot too. The bitch sessions over carafes of wine we had about how much better I was, and how undeserving he is. How we talked about how he must be crazy because the other girl is nothing compared to me..in all aspects. The fact that we could laugh at it in the end even though we plotted ways we could seek revenge and ruin his life. Those nights made me feel better. 

I think that during my struggles with KC I would sometimes get too wrapped up in not getting enough attention from him that I forgot to see the unconditional love I received from you, my friends. I'm usually pretty good about not losing my friends when I'm in a relationship with someone, but this time it reminded me of that. I shouldn't have to focus on one or the other, and that's what happened in the last few months of KC and I. 

I'm so fortunate to have amazing friends like you, and I can never thank you enough for being there for me. 

Love,
 photo redheadsiggy_zps8cb2bb54.png

No comments: