Friday, September 20, 2013

Comfort.


I've been slacking at Blogtember for the last few days, but I promise it's because I have been slammed at work and I get home at the end of the day and just want to eat and go to sleep. I hate that I've missed some days, but that's life. Today's topic is a reflection of the word comfort. 

To say that the word comfort means only one thing would be wrong. It would also be wrong to say that the meaning behind the word is always positive because it is not. If everyday was comfortable and easy, life would be boring, and we would all stay the way we are. When people get comfortable a funny thing happens. People stop trying at life. Whether it's getting comfortable in a relationship or a job, things start to even out and people fall into the same routine. They don't challenge themselves to keep the growth going in their job or keep fueling the romance in their relationship. The two love birds stop going out for date nights, and instead sit at home in sweat pants watching Netflix. They stop caring about working out at the gym to look smokin hot for eachother. The employee spends their day surfing the web instead of determining what they can do to further their career.

I think we are all guilty of getting comfortable with life and all it's happenings. I know I have done it a time or two before. Now that I've gotten a bit older and have had some serious personal growth in the last few years I look at comfort like this; don't let the years pass you by so that when you look back you wonder why you didn't break out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself. Take comfort in the small things, and get comfort from those things, but don't get wrapped up in them for too long. I'm lucky (and sometimes unlucky) that I have a job that doesn't allow me to stay comfortable for long periods of time. Everyday I am given something new that challenges me and often puts me in a situation where I am uncomfortable. Not necessarily in a bad way, but in a way that makes me stay on top of my game to make quick decisions when necessary. When I get home from work, change into my yoga pants, and hang out with my cat on the couch; I take comfort in that. As silly as it sounds.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.




 photo redheadsiggy_zps8cb2bb54.png

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's nice to meet another Seattle blogger through Blogtember! I love your pictures.