Monday, September 9, 2013

ENFP

 
Hello Day 5 of Blogtember!



For today's prompt we were instructed to take a test. A personality test. Normally I get psyched about these types of things because I always enjoy learning more about myself and using it to make changes or take note of things to make myself a better person. I was less than thrilled with this test. I felt like most of what it told me I already knew, and the other things I felt didn't apply to me. I think this goes along with any thing that claims to know you. It's like astrology. Some days you say "WOW! This is so right! How do they know?!" and other days your horoscope couldn't be further from the truth.

testresults

Some of the highlights from my test were:
"ENFPs are both "idea"-people and "people"-people, who see everyone and everything as part of a cosmic whole. They want to both help and to be liked and admired by other people, on both an individual and a humanitarian level. This is rarely a problem for the ENFP, as they are outgoing and warm, and genuinely like people. Some ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality."
I'll agree to this. I enjoy helping others, I'm very like-able, and I do like people...most of the time.

"In the workplace, ENFPs are pleasant and friendly, and interact in a positive and creative manner with both their co-workers and the public. ENFPs are also a major asset in brainstorming sessions; follow-through on projects can be a problem, however. ENFPs do get distracted, especially if another interesting issue comes along. They also tend towards procrastination, and dislike performing small, uninteresting tasks. ENFPs are most productive when working in a group with a few Js to handle the details and the deadlines."
 I'll agree to this as well. I'm a procrastinator, and I get an idea for something but don't like to be bothered with the details. I just want it to be done.

"For some ENFPs, relationships can be seriously tested by their short attention spans and emotional needs. They are easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances, forgetting their older and more familiar emotional ties for long stretches at a time. And the less mature ENFP may need to feel they’re the constant center of attention, to confirm their image of themselves as a wonderful and fascinating person."
This I will not agree to. I am loyal to the ones who mean the most to me. Family members, close, longtime friends. I don't think I have a short attention span with relationships either. As far as emotional needs? I definitely don't have many. Just let me know you care about me and think about me and I'm good. 

Like I said, with anything you are going to get some things that don't apply to you. It is interesting to see what pops up when you answer a few yes or no questions. Maybe someday when I have some time on my hands I'll Google ENFP to see what else I can learn about it. I'm curious to see if others learned some new knowledge about themselves. I'm looking forward to checking others entries out today. 


 photo redheadsiggy_zps8cb2bb54.png

1 comment:

Jenn @ What You Make It said...

I totally agree - sometimes personality tests fit you to a tee, sometimes not so much. I took the test twice - I was totally offended by my first results, and then I think I'm okay with my second, but it's so hard to tell what's accurate! I think my personality is a little more complex ; )