Friday, September 20, 2013

Nail Files!



A couple days ago I recieved this month's Birch Box. Inside I found this amazing color called fox hunt. It screamed fall color. I looked at the shellac on my nails and decided I needed to fix them immediately. I'm not a do it yourself-er when it comes to my nails. I have the attention span of a small child when it comes time to drying the nails after they have been painted. It also worked out well that Birch Box sent me a base/top coat in last months box otherwise I probably would have thrown the fox hunt color in a bin never to be seen again since all my nail colors and top/base coats are at least five years old. Why I don't just throw them away is beyond my daily thinking :-) This manicure turned out decent enough, but HOLY MOLEY I remember why I go to the salon to get my nails done! It took at least an hour and a half to dry (using the cool blowdry and ice cold water methods too!) and even then they still got messed up while I slept. I think next time I'll only use one coat.



 photo redheadsiggy_zps8cb2bb54.png

4 comments:

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Very pretty.

aka Bailey said...

A great color for autumn!

Bailey

jennie said...

Ugh. I hate when you spend time doing them and then they smudge!! It's THE WORST!
I use Seche Vite top coat and it's changed the at-home manicure game for me. Within about 10 minutes, they're almost totally dry. :)

The colour looks fab on you, though!

Lulubelle said...

I've messed up more than one manicure by going to sleep before they were completely dry. I received Hedge Fund as my polish color in this month's Birchbox, but haven't tried it yet.